Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Exciting than Christmas

My parents got here Tuesday night. The girls were so excited for their arrival. They had a hard time going to sleep. They knew that when they woke up Grandma and Grandpa Doll would be here. At about a quarter to five, Leighton came downstairs to ask if it was okay to wake up Grandma and Grandpa. She was followed by the other two, who were just as excited. I made them wait until 6:30, since my parents (or I) hadn't gone to bed until two. They ran in and there was a lot of jumping and squealing involved. Jensyn took a little while to warm up, but once she was warm she was in the bed and making herself at home.

The funniest part is that the girls never get up before eight on Christmas morning!


Side note: When Carly was little my parents would always take the late flight in and the early flight out. So Carly would wake up and they would be in the guest room and then she would go to sleep one night and in the morning they would be gone. I always wondered if she thought it was a magic room.

1 comment:

Megan Young said...

Grandparents are the best! I am jealous your kids don't get up until 8 on christmas. Can we trade kids one year?