Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Carly's Quotes of the Week-Archive

12-28 Dinner is my favorite holiday!!
(yes, Carly, I think we are all aware of that.)

12-12Carly to Dee(yelling):What the hell?!?
Me (eyebrow raised): Carly?!?
Carly to me (whispering): What am I supposed to say instead of hell?

11-09 Carly: Mom, I need to tell you a sneakret.
Me: A sneakret?
Carly: Yeah, it's a very sneaky secret.

10-12 That's okay. I forgive her. (After explaining to me why she had gotten in trouble at school. Her teacher had marked down her conduct.)
Me: Uh, I don't think that is how that works.

9-21 Carly: Mom, since you're sick. I'll just blow you a kiss and hugs.
Me: Uh, ok.
Carly: I love you. I hope you get better.
Me: (silently to myself) It doesn't get better than this.

9-07 Carly: Do I have to go to school tomorrow?
Me: (silently to myself) Do not kill the child! Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
Only 173 more days to go.

8-24 Carly: "Mom, I had a bad dream about vampires."
Me: "Vampires are not real."
Carly: (disgustedly) 'I know, but they are in my brain."

8-10 Carly: "Dear, Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day. (Insert tattling session or the next day's itinerary here) In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
My thought the entire 'bless', as Carly calls it: I wonder if God hates the tattling as much as I do.

8-03 Carly: "Mom, can we watch Ren and Stiffy?"
Yes, we have, on occasion, let our kids watch Ren and Stimpy.
Please don't call DFS.

7-27 Carly:"I want this for my birthday."
Me: You already picked out your present and watched me buy it and wrap it.
Carly: "I need something more!"

7-20 During breakfast,"What are we having for lunch?"
During lunch,"What are we having for dinner?"
During dinner,"What are we having for breakfast tomorrow?"
Is this kid a Gleave, or what? The only thing on her mind is food!

7-13 'Do I have school tomorrow?'
Not to be confused with the previous, Do I have to go to school tomorrow? This is why I want year round school.
Leslie-patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virture (how long until this helps?!?)

6-28 Mom, this is your FAVORITE song! Said during EVERY dance number at Kambri and Devyn's recital.

6-15 Can I take [insert any random item here] to Grandma's?
Needless to say packing has been painful.

6-08 Don't chew with your mouth open!
- you guessed it..with her mouth full of food.

6-01 Can I get in the pool?
I think by August she will have grown gills, out of necessity.

5-25 Remember what Grandma said?!? That hurts my feelings!(said after anything including: put on your pajamas, clean your room, put on your seatbelt, and put your dishes in the sink.) Thanks, Grandma!

5-18 We need that! (when viewing ANY, and I mean ANY, infomercial)

5-11 One is a sloppy number! (Said to her dad, when he told her she could only get one swimming suit.)

5-04 School is OVER!!!!!She thinks if she says it enough, it will happen.

4-27 Kanye West: How could you be so heartless?
Carly Young: How could you be so hot lips?

4-20 Carly is VERY done with school, so her current query is:Isn't it summer yet?Followed closely by:Do I have to go to school tomorrow?

4-13 She did it on purpose!!!

4-06 DON'T COUNT!!!!!!

3-30 Soda is not good for you, it has too much sugar.
Less than a minute later: Mom, can I have a Coke?

No comments: