Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Leightonisms of the Week-Archive

12-28 Dee: Leighton do you want some cocktail wienies?
Leighton: Cottontail wings? What are cottontail wings?
Hello, Jessica Simpson.

12-09 Shortly after she vomited her entire stomach contents: 'Mom, I threw up stuff I didn't even eat!!'

11-09 Michael Jackson: It's Black, It's White. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.
Leighton Young: Ya Neck, It's White, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

9-21 News in the background: ....Michael Jackson was laid to rest.....
Leighton: What does laid to rest mean?
Me: Laid to rest is when they bury someone.
Leighton: I thought they only buried you when you died?
Me: That's right.
Leighton: (horrified)Michael Jackson died?!?!?!?!
Me: Yes, remember he died while we were at Grandma Doll's.
Leighton:(sobbing, nearly hysterically)But, I wanted to hear him sing in real life!
She went on to cry for almost twenty minutes.

9- 07 Me: Leighton, why don't you want to go to school? (yes, her too!)
Leighton: I'm sick of those naps!
Me: Those are the rules and some kids still need naps. Next?
Leighton: I'm sick of that criss-cross applesauce!
Me: Goodbye, have a wonderful day at school! I love you!
(Silently to myself) Do not kill the child.
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
Only 173 more days to go!

8-24 Oh, Mom, I get it. Adults like boring.

8-10 Me: Leighton, those shoes don't even fit. Take them off, I am sure that they hurt your feet. Leighton: It's okay, Mom. They have sparkles and they're high heels.
She is already willing to sacrifice comfort for a cute shoe

8-03 Star Balactica. As in, "I hate that Star Balactica, it is soo boring."
I have to agree, Battlestar Galactica is boring.

7-27 Leighton: I am scared to go to kindergarten.
Me: Why?
Leighton: I won't know anybody.
Me: Uh? OK?. (Leighton knows and is known by nearly everyone at the school.)

7-20 Leighton: Mom, what color is my hair?
Me: Dark blonde, why?
Leighton: (with tears in her eyes) I want my hair to be blonde, can you dye it?
Me: (silently) You are five, what am I going to do with you at 13, 14, 15, 16, 17?

7-13 Daddy how old are you? Really, you are really that old? Wow, that's old!

6-28 My parents have pressurized irrigation for watering the yard. Leighton has heard me use the term secondary water while we have been here. I overheard her telling Carly,
'Don't drink that secretary water, it's dirty!'

6-15 Can I take a picture of you? I promise I won't put it on my blog (To me, as I was heading into the shower)
Yeah, right, go ahead. NOT!

6-08 Once I knew that ivy was poisonfied, I didn't touch it!!

6-01 You have something on your shirt. Followed closely by Bbbbrrrruuuppp! as she runs her finger up your shirt to get you on the nose. Thanks, Grandpa!

5-25 I had some Pull-ups from work. I was taking them to Grandma Young's to put with the rest of her stash of any/everything a kid could need.
Leighton asked"Why does Grandma need the Pull-ups? For when she gets old and can't remember to go to the bathroom?"
Beware old people: The time will come when you will ALL forget to go to the bathroom!
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Where does she get this stuff?

5-18 On her birthday, she asked me 'Will I still be five tomorrow?' I'm not sure if she thought she would go back to four or go forward to six!

5-11 I miss EVERYTHING! (said, riding in the car. Dee and I were talking about something outside the car.)

5-04 I am still HUNGRY!
Translation: I don't like what was served. What else do you have?

4-27 Dad, do you want a Bug Light??The funniest part is he hates Bud Light

4-20 Leighton likes to listen to the rock/pop radio station. She loves Kelly Clarkson's newest song that goes: My life would suck without you. Being only 4 (at least for a couple more weeks) Leighton sings: My life, what's up, without you.
Thank goodness for innocence and I obviously need to be a better gateway between my children and the world.

4-13 Dad, you need to shave your beard. You have a lot of spikes.

4-06 Don't forget my minifier, Dad. (humidifier-she has been sick)

3-30 I want to live all by myself.
How quickly they change, note last weeks quote.

3-23 When I go to kindergarten, I am going to pretend that I am sick everyday, so I can stay home with you.

No comments: