Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When the Bottom Drops Out From Under You

My dearest friend called me last Thursday to tell me that her oldest daughter had been to the doctor that day for an MRI. She had been limping and my friend's husband was going back in for a follow up from shoulder surgery. They wanted to kill two birds with one stone (Don't we all?) The orthopedic surgeon had found a tumor on her knee. She is nine years old. Over the last couple of days we have found out more information. It is a form of bone cancer called osteosarcoma. It is localized in her just her knee (Thank God for little miracles.) She starts chemotherapy tomorrow. She is such a beautiful, strong, intelligent, giving, loving little girl, just like her mommy. We think of her everyday and wish her luck tomorrow. She isn't in any pain (another little miracle) and we hope it stays that way.
We love you!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I hope it all works out and they get it all. So sad :(