Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When the Cat is Away....

The mouse will stay up all night sewing.
I realized that I had forgotten to buy the girls Valentine's Day t-shirts and was not up for a Target run. Dee is out of town and three clothes hungry girls in Target is NOT my idea of fun. So, I took two shirts that had stains on them. I let the girls pick three Valentine-y fabrics out of my stash. I used Wonder Under and fused them over the stains. Then I sewed along the edge of the applique. The girls were very excited to wake up to these. Yes, this is exactly how her hair looks in the morning.

Carly is not even awake.

After breakfast, a comb and brushed teeth, this picture is just for you Mom.
It is proof that I don't send my children to school with that messed up hair.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Those are awesome! I'm sure they're better than anything you could get at Target. I can't wait until Aari doesn't scream whenever I pull out the sewing machine...I'm going into withdrawals! I haven't been able to sew in almost two years! Agh! P.S. Once I can sew/craft again, I'm stealing your ideas. Just so you know.

Leslie said...

I would be so flattered if you stole my ideas. Why does she cry when you pull out the sewing machine? You could try a Blogger Search for nap time crafting. There are a zillion craft blogs out there dedicated to crafts you can do at nap time or during Sesame Street or Cinderella, etc.

kcizatt said...

Did Jensyn get one?

coree said...

Carly really looks thrilled.....NOT. Her eyes aren't even open and she has no idea what you are torturing her with. even though they are cute. Kannon thinks you "have a reallky cool website" and wants to know why I don't have one.

Leslie said...

K-no, she doesn't care and I am all about the recognition.

C-Did you tell him you do? You just don't put anything on it?
BTW-She was very excited, just not awake.

Becca Hatch said...

You and your craftiness- I am a little jealous and would like an i-pod valentine.

Also, I hope your friend's little girl comes out okay- what terrible news.

darcy said...

What a great idea! They are so cute!

ShazBraz said...

Love the shirts. You are so talented!!