Monday, February 1, 2010

There's Snow Way!

We got snow!! The girls have been praying and wishing for snow all winter. It started snowing on Friday night and snowed all day Saturday. The girls woke up at 6:30 and wanted to go out immediately. I had them wait until 10:30 and it nearly killed them. They didn't want my help with dressing and were not dressed properly. They went out and played for about 15 minutes and then came in freezing. I stayed in and took pictures. Jensyn cried the entire 15 minutes, she wanted to go out with girls so bad.





We got up Sunday and drove to the girls' school to sled down the hill. This time I dressed the girls and they were all toasty warm.

(Leighton is starting to sneeze in this picture.)
Jensyn went down with Dee and LOVED it.
She signed more, more, more as soon as she got to the bottom. I didn't get a picture of either Leighton or Carly going down. But, I did have plenty of time to get this picture of Carly coming up the stairs. She was distracted at everyone going down the hill. It took her forever to get back to the top. Leighton went down ONCE. Then strangers came and she was too embarrassed to go down again. While we were trying to convince her to go down, Jensyn climbed onto to the tube wanting to go down. It was a good thing I had my foot on it. Dee and Jensyn went down one more time and the tube popped.
We headed home on snow-packed roads. (I felt right at home)
The house on the corner.
Our front yard, note the footprints. Leighton couldn't leave one square foot untouched. The girls made snow angels.

The angels didn't turn out since the snow was on top of 2 inches of ice.

No comments: