Friday, November 26, 2010

What I've Been Doing

Carly's teacher, Mrs. Lalino, is turning 50 and I wanted to get her a little something. I have seen these candybar bouquets at the upscale grocery stores and thought I would try my hand at one. I don't love the Christmas colored kisses, but they were on sale and her birthday is in December.
Leighton wanted some new big flowers for her hair.

I had seen these and made some while the girls were showering. I liked them because they could go on a headband or a clip. They are removable, quick and cheap. They passed inspection.

I melded a couple of different stitchery patterns I had and came up with a new one. I made some of these family stichery frames for my friends for their birthdays. This one is Amanda's. She has since reframed it and added a mat. It looks 100% better.
I made one for Michelle that had her kids and family pets. Her daughter was pulling the dog and cat in a wagon. It said 'Home is where your mom is' I didn't get a picture of that one.


This is the pattern I made for the one I am making for Amanda to give to her mom for Christmas.
I got this pattern from Twin Stitchers when I was in Utah. I am making this family tree for my mother-in-law for Christmas. I didn't get a picture of it either. (Need to work on that!)
One of the teachers at the girls' school has asked me to make her sister a bag. There are these pair of shorts that the teacher has had for nearly 20 years. Her sister is always making fun of them. The teacher wants them to be made into a bag and give them to her sister for Christmas. I found a reusable tote bag tutorial on Living with Punks and added some pockets to the outside and inside as the teacher had requested.
I had started with an equally loud print for the sides and straps and decided that it was just too much. I hope her sister really gets a kick out of it.

No comments: