Sunday, January 11, 2009

This Child Has a Disability?????

Carly comes home from school and hands me her backpack to start homework. They are starting subtraction and Carly does not like it. I pull out her math sheet to find that she has changed the entire sheet of subtraction problems into addition problems with one small vertical line with her pencil.

She looks at me to see if she has been caught. I raise my brow and she confesses,

"Uh, Mom minuses are too hard. So I told Ms. Bell that I was going to do pluses and she said OK!"

To which I replied,

"Yeah right, get the eraser!"


She amazes me with her cunning.

4 comments:

Megan Young said...

I know you already relayed this story to me,but it still makes me laugh. I love the blog and the background. this is going to be so much fun.

Becca Hatch said...

I'm happy to see you blogging! I can't wait to hear what your girls come up with next.

Angela said...

I love your blog! Thanks for the invitation. I'm with Carly on this one, addition is easier than subtraction.

C & C said...

Your mom actually told me how smart Carly is and told me several stories including that one. It is still pretty cute! Carly is such a smart girl!!!