Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Knock Knock

I take Carly to horseback riding lessons every Tuesday. Without fail, she wants to tell knock knock jokes. They start out funny and very quickly end up as follows:
Carly : Knock Knock
Me: Who's There?
Carly: (Insert food item of your choice; banana, ice cream cone, pbj)
Me: Above food item Who?
Carly: Above food item smashed into your (insert body part; hair, face, nose, foot).
Carly: Hysterical Laughing
Repeat ad nauseam

After weeks and weeks of listening to this, trying to convince her that it is NOT hilarious, teaching her other knock knock jokes (which she says are BORING), even turning up the radio (she just gets louder) I have resorted to this:

Carly: Knock Knock
Me: Any of the following; Come in, it's open. I'm in the shower, come back later. I just bought from the kids down the street. Nobody is home. And my favorite - complete silence- I tell her I didn't hear the door.
Carly: Not funny mom.
Repeat ad nauseam

2 comments:

Jenn Absher said...

I'm so sorry but it is a bit funny. :) I laugh because my kids have gone through this stage too. She will grow out of it eventually. Maybe an audio book would help. My girls love them. Carly might too and it's a good distraction in the car.

Megan Young said...

I love it.

I love that you are creative, when I get tired I just reply... No ones home.