Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Trip to the Dentist

We took the girls to the dentist today.
Before we left, Carly said 'I will be brave, I hope!'

Dee decided to come, since he doesn't have much to do after he has done his daily search for a job. He reported to me that sitting in the waiting room of the dentist's office is BORING. Like I wasn't aware. However, I use the time to catch up on my Star, People and other such indulgent rags.
Both girls had a great check-up. Carly will have to have more teeth pulled next time, but no cavities or other issues.

Leighton loves the treasure box and the Princess toothbrush.

Carly and her treasures from the wonderful treasure box. ( I must add this after a comment from my mom: Carly's hair did not look this bad when I took her to the dentist. As we were leaving the mall, she said she was cold. She put her coat over her head and wiggled around underneath it the entire way home. Hence, the absolutely crazy hair. I am actually a little offended she would think that I let my child go out like this. She taught me better!!) And like any other responsible parents, afterwards, we took them for... ice cream.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

My son hates the dentist. We will be getting a prescription for Valium for his next appt. Seriously, so embarrassing.

Glad someone's kids are so well behaved!

Leslie said...

It probably helps that they are little girls and their dentist looks like a buff Patrick Dempsey. Even I am on my best behavior there. Maybe you could find a dentist that looks like Hannah Montana, Britney Spears, or whoever it is little boys like at the moment.