Monday, February 23, 2009

OOPS!

Leighton wanted a tent, so I helped her make one using a blanket and table.
She spent several hours playing in the tent 'sleeping'.
A little while later, I heard pages turning inside the tent. I asked her what she was doing. She replied, "I am reading a magazine." I looked inside and sure enough she was reading a magazine.
I asked her what her magazine was about, thinking it was Family Fun or Better Homes and Gardens. Both of them had come in the mail this week. She said, "It is about ladies and makeup." She lifted it up and ........
I quickly traded her for the Family Fun!
Even more dangerous now that she is reading.

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

That is the exact reason I cancelled my Glamour subscription. Kate can't read but she was constantly analyzing the pictures. I had to "downgrade" to Redbook. It's not the same but I love getting magazines in the mail so I had to subscribe to something.

ShazBraz said...

Hey! I have added you to my blogroll before, but for some reason it disappeared, so I just thought you hadn't updated in awhile. Sorry I haven't been over here to visit! Your kids are so cute and that cosmo thing cracks me up!

Oh, and all of my kids had terrible GERD when they were little; I feel for ya! People would give us those cute little burp cloths with the crocheted edges and we would just stare at them thinking, "what are we supposed to do with this? Can we see something in a beach towel????"