Wednesday, September 16, 2009

3rd Grade Ag Day

Yesterday was 3rd Grade Animal Agriculture Field Day for the entire county.
Carly was very excited for this field trip, she was given a t-shirt and got to ride the bus.
(My children feel that they are deprived, because their parents will not let them ride the bus. I rode the bus. I know what happens on the bus. My children will not ride the bus.)
We got to see llamas. Did you know that llamas hum? I had no idea.
There were calves. They were so cute.And we even got to see a different kind of animal.
'The Fish', Greg Fishel, our local meteorologist. This man brought his sheep to show the children how the wool is sheared...then carded...then spun into wool yarn. To think that Dee would think I would enjoy carding and making wool yarn,
makes me question; Does he even know me at all??
This woman brought her goats to talk to the children about how beneficial they can be. They provide milk, poo, and eat poison ivy.
She also mentioned that they only had teeth on top.
She joked they were unlike her who was missing several teeth.
Carly has a thing about missing teeth and will stop people in the grocery store, or anywhere else. She asks tells them they are missing teeth, they need to go to the dentist and then asks them if the tooth fairy came.
You guessed it, Carly's hand shoots up. I cringe, but can't get to her or get her attention. I cross my fingers that the woman will not call on her. Of course, no such luck. I brace for embarrassment.
Carly holds up a stick and says, "I found a stick."
Whew! I let out my breath, she only made a completely random statement.
We had a commotion with some yellow jackets and in the confusion, Carly ended up with my camera. This was Ag Day from her perspective.
Of course, she got close ups of her friends.
They were only so sweet to pose.
This poor woman got a close up of her arm and her umm.... Sorry about that!
She did get a couple of artsy photos.
I really like this one and thought about having it framed for her room.
I though Ag Day was fun, but really felt for the teachers that do it every year.
Once is great, can't say I will be that excited when Leighton's turn comes around, and Jensyn might have to convince Dee to go. Maybe then, he can show them how to properly shear a sheep.
Add Image

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

I think it looks like fun! My kids love to take pictures too. I think it is really good for kids to know where milk and meat actually come from.