Monday, September 28, 2009

Ummm, Let's Don't Repeat that in Public

Do you remember this cute little notebook purse?

It has finally gone to it's intended recipient, I hope she enjoys it. As it was being made, Carly was helping pick out the flower, colors, ribbon, paper, etc. She was very excited to be making this for her best friend. She was talking about how Avery could take it to school and use it for her vocabulary words and how the other students would like it. I told her that because we had cut the corners off the notebook, Avery couldn't use it for school and would have to use it as maybe a diary. Carly then started talking about how fun it was to make a diary for Avery. Except, she said, 'I think Avery will love her diarrhea. This is such a cute diarrhea. I wish I had a diarrhea like this.' I told her that it was a diary not a diarrhea and gently reminded her about diarrhea. I figured that was that, but when I got out the present to give to Avery, Carly immediately said, 'Don't forget to give Avery her diarrhea!'

Love that kid!

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

You are busy- what with the animal field trips right in your own yard, the crafts, the diarrhea. I'm on the other end of the crafting spectrum- I just had to bum supplies from a neighbor to finish Kate's kindergarten homework.

Megan Young said...

Love it!