Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Day That Would NEVER End!

The Plan: Plane departs Raleigh/Durham at 6:15 p.m. EST. Plane arrives Minneapolis/St. Paul at 8:05 p.m. CST. Eat dinner at a wonderful airport restaurant. Plane departs Minneapolis/St. Paul at 9:45 p.m. CST. Plane arrives Salt Lake City at 11:35 p.m. MST. Girls in bed by midnight.
Total trip time: 7 hours, 20 minutes (not including drive time to/from the airport.)

What Really Happened: Plane departs Raleigh/Durham at 6:15 p.m. EST. Plane arrives Minneapolis/St. Paul at 8:05 p.m. CST. Eat dinner at a wonderful convenient airport restaurant. Plane departs Minneapolis/St. Paul at 911:45 p.m. CST. Plane arrives Salt Lake City at 11:35 p.m.1:55 a.m. MST. Girls in bed by midnight3:30 a.m.
Total trip time: 79 hours, 2040 minutes (not including drive time to/from the airport.)
What did we do to pass the time? We found a quiet spot away from everyone else and .............................
acted like fools.
You thought I was going to say slept.
This hill was great to run down. I even talked them into rolling down it once or four times. When they would stop running, I would ask them if they were tired. If the answer was no, I sent them back to the top.
Why would I do such a thing?
So that the kids would fall asleep immediately once they got on the airplane.
It worked for these two. Don't they look like kittens all intertwined?

It did not work for this kid, though. She was so big and got to sit across the aisle. She deemed these two men her boyfriends and chatted their ears off until they both fell asleep.
We were very excited to see Grandpa when we got off the plane.
I wish I would have gotten a picture of the girls with their luggage. We flew Delta and I wasn't about to pay for checked luggage. I made Carly and Leighton use their roller bags and backpacks. Jensyn had her backpack with her airplane 'stuff'. I carried three bags. When we would get ready to get off or get on, I would say 'backpack up' and they would all get their backpacks on and line up behind me. We got a lot of smiles as we walked down the terminal. I am not sure if they were smiling because they found it amusing or because they pitied me.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Holy crap, I would have pulled my hair out.

coree said...

I know it was rude of me but I laughed my head off when I read this.

elaine s said...

I laughed cause Grandma Clark said
they have a drill Sgt for a Mother.
(You know she thought your children were wonderful and she enjoyed your visit so much!) Dad said it looked like a Mother duck with her little ducklings following her through the airport.

Love Mom