Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Zoo

No trip to Utah would be complete without a trip to Hogle Zoo. It is still my favorite zoo. The kids waiting patiently to get in.
And in case you were wondering, Yes my sister dressed her boys in bright orange because she is a freak like me and is deathly afraid of someone taking her kids. What can I say, it runs in the family. Leighton loved the merry-go-round.
So, did Jensyn. Can you see the glee in her face. She didn't want to get off when the ride ended.
I must interrupt this post for a short story. Carly has a thing for mirrors. If she can see her reflection or shadow she will look only at it. She has even been known to look at herself in other people's sunglasses. She will usually continue her conversation, but visually you have disappeared.
OK back to the zoo.
Carly was having the hardest time getting on her ostrich. I didn't get it, she always got on her horse so easily. I was pushing from the bottom and she still couldn't get on. I finally went around to the other side to pull her over when I noticed this...
You guessed it, she was too busy looking at herself to actually try to get on! Then she spent the entire ride watching herself go around and around. She was in pure heaven!

Jensyn loved all the animals but seemed to like the meerkats the best. She didn't want to leave this window.
No trip to the zoo is complete without measuring up to the gorillas. My nephew kept saying he was the 'adult female' long after we had left the gorillas. We started to get some weird looks.
On the ride home, the girls were marveling at how close the mountains were. I thought some of you not from Utah might enjoy the pictures, too. And yes , Mom, I took the pictures while I was driving. But, I did it without looking which is why I took 15 and only got three decent ones.


No comments: