Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lots of Fun in Utah

O.K., so maybe getting my children up to watch the Pioneer Day parade only one day after they had spent an entire day flying was not so much fun. But, doesn't Leighton look thrilled?


O.K. What about Carly? Whoops, she isn't even awake!

Jensyn is always good for an early morning....

play in the gutter water. YUCK!

Quote from the guy in front of me: "I'm not getting up one more time for the flag, but if the prophet goes by I will stay on my feet for as long as I can see him!" That is how you know you are in Utah.



Leighton got to drive Grandpa's race car onto the trailer so he could take it for some testing. She was so proud of her steering abilities until Uncle Kyle came up the driveway and asked 'Who parked the car so crooked?'

Jensyn was all buckled up for safety. I think she figured she could do it since it looked kind of like the five point harness in her car seat.

You can take the redneck out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the redneck.

Hence, the baby with no clothes on.

We had a fire and roasted s'mores and then told stories. My niece wanted to play a game where you start the story and then the next person stops you and continues the story until the next person stops them and so on and so on. Mary started this story about princesses and fairies and saving the maiden. It went around and started getting pretty good. Carly was supposed to end it. Apparently she couldn't think of any way to end this epic so she improvised with the lyrics to her favorite song from Twisted Sister.


She looks around at all of us and says, "I guess, You're gonna burn in Hell."
We all burst out laughing. My Dad had a coughing fit, I nearly wet my pants and I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what in the Hell we were doing out there.


Grandma let Leighton paint her nails. Leighton insisted upon a different color for each hand.

After that Grandma wouldn't go anywhere without Leighton. I think she was hoping that people would assume Leighton painted them. I wonder if it worked.

They helped in Grandma's garden and Grandpa set up a pool for them to swim in.

They had their own sleepover with cousins on the deck.











Complete with a redneck drive in.
The t.v. pushed up against the screen of the window. We used to do this as kids and it was one of my favorite things to do.


We took a trip up to see Great Grandma Clark. Uncle Brandt saddled Queenie for the girls to ride.











Carly was a little irritated that she had to be led around. But, Queenie had just been bred and was not too happy to be away from her man. Even Jensyn got a turn. She loved every minute of it.
Our visit with Grandma Clark was short and sweet
and from there we headed to Bear Lake.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I laughed out loud at Carly in the morning! TOO FUNNY! Your girls crack me up! Seriously...they always bring a smile to my face!

Kristen said...

I love the tv in the window! I never would have thought of that!

coree said...

Mom and Grandma are wearing the same shirt. Did you plan that? It is your favorite....stripes.