Monday, October 4, 2010

Dumpster Diving

Yes, I am a huge germ-a-phobe. However, I am not willing to pass up some great junk, even if it is in a dumpster. I actually did not dive for these, there was a door on the side and my friend Lisa, was the one who reached in for me. What a true friend. She even let me put them in the back of her SUV. Here they are in all their glory.Another view.A close up on the lovely sponge painting.I took the mirror out and sanded, sanded, sanded. Then I sanded some more. I spray painted them Colonial Red. Then I sanded the edges and wiped on some dark walnut stain. I put the mirrors back in, but wasn't loving them. I took the mirrors back out and hung them up. They were still missing something. Then it hit me! Letters! I found some large letters at Michael's, spray painted them black and then let the girls pick some Halloween paper to cover the front. What do you think?Don't mind my paint chips, I am trying to decide on paint colors for this room.When it is not decorated for a holiday I purchased the word EAT and used brown spray paint on the letters and then covered them with distressed paper. I thought I could use other three letter words for different holidays/seasons. The ones I have thought of so far are SUN, JOY, BRR, XOX, USA, EGG. Do you have any good ones? As I am sure you can tell, I have now moved onto painting the chosen colors and 'living' with them for a while. My walls look like I am trying to paint camouflage.

No comments: