Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

A couple of years ago, I vowed to NOT make the girls' Halloween costumes. Yes, they could be anything they wanted. Yes, it was fun to make them all costumes that followed a theme. Yes, it was nice to have everyone comment on their cute costumes and know that I had made them. But, it took forever and the kids never seemed to appreciate all the time (I don't know what I was expecting they are kids.) After that I have happily taken the girls to Party City and let them pick from the gigantic wall of costumes. I paid for them and that was that. Well, this year a horrible thing happened. This:came in the mail and the girls saw it and insisted on me making their costumes. They even insisted on wigs!!!!


Well, what is a mother to say? So, I did it. Luckily a friend of ours had a Dorothy costume complete with a basket and Toto. All I had to make was the wig. Leighton was thrilled.Her favorite part....the ruby red slippers, of course. I bought them early in October and made her wait until Halloween to wear them. She was dying!
Carly loves Pippi Longstocking and was so excited to see her costume and wig. She was a little upset, because the 'real' Pippi wears a very short overall dress and Carly thought hers was a little too long (it covered her underwear).
She was looking a little more Raggedy Ann than Pippi and we gave her bangs a little hair cut.
Jensyn wanted to be El-O and we found the perfect costume for her.
She couldn't have been happier.
Until the neighbor dogs came over to give El-O a little love. She is running for her life.
We headed to Skyler's for our trick or treating.
The girls had a blast, as usual. Looking forward to next year. But, don't think I won't hide all magazines that come in September!

No comments: