Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's a Pillow, It's a Pet

It's a Pillow Pet!
Carly had requested a unicorn Pillow Pet from Santa. She has been asking for a Pillow Pet since the first time she saw the infomercial. The type of pet changes but never the request for the Pillow Pet.
When she came downstairs Christmas morning, she saw the Pillow Pets and scanned them quickly for hers. She picked up her penguin, looked at me and said, "I'll get over it." I nearly started to cry. The first thing out of my child's mouth on Christmas morning is "I'll get over it."?!?!
I excused myself to consult Santa. Santa insisted that he didn't know she cared so much and promised to look in his workshop as soon as he got back to the North Pole. He would have the elves make the correct one and bring it back. I didn't tell her, in case the elves had all left for the season and there were no unicorns to be found.
Carly continued to open her presents. She seemed to forget about the penguin until bedtime. Then she said again, 'I'll get over it.' She was killing me!
MY CHRISTMAS IS RUINED!!!!
(family joke)
Santa got back to the North Pole realized his mistake and made a special trip back to leave it under the tree. He left Carly a note of apology. She was so excited and the unicorn Pillow Pet holds a special place on her dresser. I haven't seen the penguin since.

No comments: