Saturday, December 18, 2010

School's Out for the Year

This snowcaused the county to close school for two days. So the girls missed out on their Christmas parties at school as well as pajama day. They were a little disappointed. I was a lot disappointed. I have been working on the teacher gifts for three full days. I decided at the last minute to make them these countdown blocks.Miss Potts likes pink, so I made hers with pink letters and numbers.The sets ready for packaging.And here they are all packaged with the poem I wrote.
(Out here we are not too crafty and I wasn't sure if they would know what to do with them.)

Here is my poem:
We are always counting down
To one thing or another,
Christmas Break, vacation days,
The birthday of your brother.

Turn these blocks to the number,
of remaining days.
Change it daily, and then you'll see,
when no day remains.

The day is here. Hooray, Hurrah!
Now you can rejoice!
And start again the countdown,
To the next thing of your choice.
Monday is a teacher workday. I will try to take them over then and hope that some of the teachers are there.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Where did you get the blocks and stands for those countdown thingers? I've seen plain cardboard or stiff paper blocks at craft stores and NEVER would have thought of this. I wish I had...I needed an advent calendar for Christmas this year but couldn't find one I liked!