Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Festival

This week is Spirit Week at the girls' school. Tuesday was 'Tacky Tuesday', the students were supposed to wear their tackiest outfit. This is what the girls put together.The Fall Festival was Tuesday night.
Carly's grade was responsible for the cake walk. This was my donation.
I don't think they were half bad, considering that I have no idea how to decorate a cake.
Then again, maybe they make some of the stuff on Cake Wrecks look good.
These were my homemade cake toppers.
This was my cake. I piped white chocolate icing into webs on parchment paper and then transferred them to the cake after they hardened.
****Brag Alert****
My cake was the first one to go at the cake walk.
I'm sure it was a little boy, but I can tell myself otherwise. Disclaimer: Dee did the actual frosting on the cake.
I was busy organizing volunteers and food, so Dee took the big girls.
(I had Jensyn on my back, she loves her backpack.)

The girls had a blast on all the inflatables.
Leighton is all smiles as she hits the bottom of this slide.
Carly, always the rule breaker, coming down face first.
Carly getting ready to go down the GIANT slide.
Carly going down the slide.....

yeah-too fast
Dee missed her.
(she is behind the yellow tube at the bottom)
Carly as a pirate.
Leighton with her princess mask.
(the line for the butterfly was too long, so I sold the 'mask' as a 'princess mask' and viola no line, happy girl and new trend)
My favorite teacher, jokingly asked to paint Jensyn.
(not too many requests for pirates-her job)
Is she not the cutest pirate, ever!
Thanks, Megan

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

Tacky Tuesday, Huh? Could have been picture day here.