Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Love My Job

It was a beautiful day on Saturday, but I was stuck at work. I decided to leave early and go home to take the girls to the park. I love having a job that is flexible enough that I can do the job I really love...spending time with my girls.
When I got home, Dee had them dressed and ready to head out the door. (I had stopped at the store on my way home for balls, bubbles, fireworks and crackers (left over from 4th of July), etc.
Jensyn was very excited to be able to walk across the big field to get to the playground. Leighton insisted on helping her. Then the allure of the playground took over and Jensyn was left to walk all alone.
Jensyn really enjoyed throwing, kicking and chasing the ball all around the field. I couldn't get a picture of the front of her, she kept running away to chase the ball.

We tried to have a photo op, this is the best we could do.

I did love this picture of #1 in her new glasses.
(More about those in a later post.)

Jensyn finally attacked the playground. This is her making her way to the big slide.
(Yes, she is happily porpoise squawking the entire way.)
This is where she is. Well, what can I say, she is #3 and you relax a little with each one.
She loved this little slide, but wouldn't go up the stairs to get to it.
She is using all her signs to try to get me to help her up. This one is 'phone'.
Carly is such a sweet helper, she lovingly watched and made sure Jensyn never fell off the end of the slide. I wish my sister was as nice. (That was a trick to see if she is reading this!)
I loved this picture of enjoyment on Jensyn's face as she descended the slide for the 314th time.
Unfortunately, our time at the park had to end and, as always, it ended with Leighton like this....
Not, because she doesn't want to leave, but, because she has a miniscule scrape on her finger that needs immediate medical attention. We decided to skip calling 911, just this once. (more on that in a later post)
We came home and went into the circle for some.......
No, not flaming dog poop.
We lit and enjoyed growing, glowing and colored worms.
I had forgotten how creepy they are as they grow out of the flame. My children, the ultimate bathroom humorists, could not get past the fact that they looked like poop.



2 comments:

darcy said...

You're such a good mom, taking time to enjoy your kids. Thanks for all the updates and pictures.

Becca Hatch said...

What a fun day! As for signing "phone" I'm sure she meant something profound.