Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random Thoughts

Did you know that a cell phone will still dial 911 even when it is locked? Dee learned that the hard way.

He routinely gives Jensyn his phone to play with. He assumed that if it was locked, he was good. She walked past me and I could hear a woman's voice saying "Hello, Hello?" Dee took the phone away and hung up. He then received a call right back from Franklin County 911. He was very embarrassed.
..............................................................................................

Carly got new glasses. I have been trying to hold out, but hers were very scratched. I think it might have been getting hard to see out of them. As usual, Carly picked out her own glasses and they are adorable. They are black on the outside and hot pink on the inside. She has the best taste. This is the detail on the temple. (Sorry for the blurry pic.)
..............................................................................................

Leighton is still crying nearly every day at school. She only cries for a little bit and not at the same time everyday. I asked Coree how long this will go on, since Leighton is hers. (We are pretty sure something just got crossed up there, before her and Kannon came down. He is mine.) Coree reminded me that she did stop crying in sixth grade, but that was because she had the same teacher in sixth grade as she had in fifth grade.
..............................................................................................

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!! One of my best friends gave me a Magic Eraser to try. Amanda has been telling me about them for a while, but I never bought one. She gave me one of hers and that thing is AMAZING! If you have not tried it, you must. It will leave a residue, so go behind it with a damp rag. This stuff took off 2 year old red paint, from my white door. I will be buying mine by the caseload.
............................................................................................
A intellectually disabled man, who works at the grocery store, stopped me in the parking lot. He wanted to ask me about my car. He explained to me that his mom had a car similar to mine. He then asked me if it was a good car and if I liked it. He asked me some other questions and then shook my hand and told me to have a great day. I left that encounter with such a wonderful feeling. He had truly made my day. I spent the rest of the day with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
I thought about how people seem to flock to Carly. I always assumed it was because she instigated the conversation and they were just too nice to walk away. Maybe, those who love to be around her, do so because of that same feeling. Because she is mine, I only see her as I see my other children, sometimes irritating and annoying. Don't think I hate my children, you always love your children, but you don't always like them.

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

Here, when you call 911 and hang up, a policeman comes for a one on one visit. And, not a short one either- he hangs out a while on the front porch and chats to see if you are sending him secret eye signals: "We're being held hostage!" True story.

I also love the Magic Eraser. I can't believe you have gone this long without it. Don't bother with any store brands, they are not the same.

Carly is a doll- I'm sure she makes people feel great.

Vanessa said...

Magic Eraser: Magical.

The glasses are especially cute, as is the girl wearing them!