Sunday, March 8, 2009

I am a horrible mother!

Yesterday it was about 75 degrees. We were invited by Lisa and Avery to go on a picnic. The girls were soooo excited. We got up, got ready, made the lunch, packed water and met at a park #1. We then proceeded to park #2 where there were empty parking spots and the playground didn't look like 'ants on a sugar cube.' (to quote Lisa)

We had a great time playing, eating and jumping (the track team had left their high jump mat out.) After we had been there a couple of hours, Lisa looked at me and said, "Did you put sunscreen on the girls?" To which I replied, "No, I didn't even think about it. But, the girls usually don't burn, they have Dee's coloring. Even if they do burn, it is tan the next morning."

Well, we play a little more and then head home. We get home, I take Jensyn out of her carseat and ...............

Poor Burnt Baby!
Sorry for the messy face.



Her little arms are the worst.





I feel awful. I thought I had her in her stroller with the canopy up most of the time. I am usually diligent about sunscreen. But, as I wrote above, my girls rarely burn, so if I forget now and again, I don't usually worry about it too much, unless we are at the beach or in the pool.

The only thing making me not feel like a total jerk, is the fact that the burn doesn't seem to bother Jensyn at all.

So, all of you moms out there feeling like you don't measure up to the the ideal-this should make you feel better- at least you didn't cause your baby to have a horrible sunburn.

2 comments:

coree said...

I can't believe you posted pictures, I hope you don't have any friends who work for DCFS. (this coming from the mom whose 4 year old starts the car for her).

Leslie said...

'nuff said!