Monday, March 2, 2009

It's all Dee's fault.

I can't seem to get anything done lately. I can't blame a new baby or even three kids. My children play well together and alone. Carly is in school all day, Leighton will play Polly Pockets upstairs for hours and Jensyn is happy rolling around the floor.
I think I have finally figured it out. It is Dee's fault, kinda.
I always spent the weekends doing nothing. Dee cooked and the girls trashed the house. I let the dishes and laundry pile up and most weekends never got dressed. (At least not in anything I wanted anyone to see me wearing.) Come Monday, Carly was off to school and Dee was off to work. I cleaned the house, did the laundry, and planned my week. Now, come Monday, Carly is off to school and Dee is NOT off to work. This leaves me thinking it is still the weekend and I don't have to do anything.
Don't get me wrong, Dee still cooks and has taken to cleaning the dishes and washing the laundry. ( not folding or putting away) That should leave me plenty of time to get the rest done. I even have a babysitter (as long as he is not on a job interview) that is always here. I have no excuses.
Except, in my mind it is the weekend and.....
I don't do anything on the weekends.

No comments: