Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WARNING***RANT***WARNING

I see them in carpool line at school-their children are jumping around the back of their minivan.
I see them on the beltline-their five year old is in the front seat.
I see them in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot-their child is simply sitting in their car seat with the large armrest pulled over their head.
I see them in Taco Bell-placing their infant in the carrier and simply walking out and putting them in the car without buckling them in.


In the last week alone, I have seen 4 different sets of children either not properly buckled or not in a car seat at all! THIS INFURIATES ME! Not because I care so much about the law or someone else's child, but because I don't want MY life ruined. Your life, you say!
Think about this. You have all of your children buckled up properly, in car seats. You also wear your seat belt. Then a mother who chooses to NOT buckle up her children crosses your path. Be it her fault or yours, you get in an accident. Her children are seriously hurt, or worse, killed. You have to live with that the REST OF YOUR LIFE!! If her children were in car seats, they would have been fine.

PLEASE PEOPLE!!! BUCKLE UP YOUR CHILDREN PROPERLY!!! It only takes a minute!!!

2 comments:

ShazBraz said...

I so hate this too! And these are the same people who would never take the responsibility for it when something does happen. It will always be "oh poor me; it is someone else's fault" grrrr.

Vanessa said...

Amen to that! I have called the 1800 number and tattled on many a mother for not having their kids buckled. They receive a nice little letter in the mail.