Tuesday, March 3, 2009

They cancelled school for this!?!?

Let me start by saying that I am not speaking as the PTO President, but as a parent. (Just in case it gets to school administration.)


We had a snow day yesterday. I completely understand, we got three inches of snow and as I have posted before, that shuts down the Old North State. We had a two hour delay scheduled for this morning. Also, understandable, because of the threat of black ice. At 7:30 this morning, I was watching the news and they announced our county had cancelled school. I figured it was a mistake. Then it came across the crawl. I jumped online and sure enough, they said that road conditions were worse than expected and school had been cancelled.

Check out the roads!


As you can see, we don't live on a well traveled road.
(There are only four houses in our neighborhood and one is empty.)
I am not sure where the danger lies in a
COMPLETELY DRY ROAD!!!

By the way, we ventured out on said treacherous roads. They ALL looked exactly like this.

5 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I'd be mad too. In 12 years of school I don't remember a single snow day- in UTAH.

I laughed and laughed about the nut cracks.

ShazBraz said...

That is hilarious! Much like where I grew up. Not so much here, though. My kids don't even understand the concept of a snow day!

The Amayesings said...

Light-weights! That's all I can say.

Vanessa said...

They didn't grow up on the side of a cliff in Layton like you did.

Leslie said...

Becca- We walked uphill both ways in a blizzard. NEVER had a snow day!!

Sharon- My kids think they can have a snow ball fight with a trace of snow - they are so deprived.

Tia- Ditto

Vanessa-a large hill, yes - cliff, pushing it!