Sunday, April 26, 2009

Breast vs. Bottle

Whoa! Keep your shirt on! (no pun intended) This is not me on a soapbox, telling you which is best. These are the reasons I breastfeed.

  1. I am lazy.
  2. I am cheap.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it!

I am incoherent in the middle of the night. I do NOT want to make a bottle, heat it up, and then sit up and feed her. I can get up, put her back in my bed and she latches on, I sleep. I do not like to do dishes. Breastfeeding=no dishes. I pack light. All I need is diapers and wipes (and burp cloths) maybe a light blanket if there isn't a private spot. Formula, bottles and nipples are expensive. Breastfeeding is free and I can use the calorie burn. If I need time away, I can always use my trusty Medela Pump in Style.

I am not a zealot and truly believe that each mother makes the best choice for her and her baby. But, for me and my baby breast is best.

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

You're pretty hilarious lately.

I was a breast feeder as well, and I also endorse the Medela Pump in Style. That was money well spent.

The other money well spent will be when I fix my boobs.

helicke said...

Love this!! Brutally honest! It's great!