Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our New Friends

Leighton came to me the other night and asked me if I could make her different. I asked her what she meant and she asked if I could make her look different. Different hair, eyes, face. I put her hair in some pigtails, gave her blush, lipstick and a eyeliner mole. She donned her sunglasses and ran upstairs so she could trick Carly into thinking that she was someone else, Melina who then changed her name to Selena.
Carly, always a good sport, played right along. She even came down and was turned into Tiffany.
Leighton was Selena for several hours. She always kept in character calling Dee, Dee and me, Leslie. Dee, being Dee, called her bluff. He told her that her mom had called and she was supposed to come home. I opened the front the door and said It's been fun, see you later. She thought and thought and then ran up and whispered to me Mom, don't forget it's me, Leighton. We continued to try to trip her up. She asked what Jensyn was and Dee told her she was the dog. Leighton promptly picked up her passie and handed it to her saying Here is your chew toy, doggie. Dee then told her the dog was the baby. Leighton ran in to me and said Um your baby is peeing outside. I tried to get in on the fun, but everytime I said something like We have decided to take Leighton back to the hospital and see if we can get our money back. I would start laughing hysterically and couldn't get it out. I did tell Selena that she was a much better helper with the laundry than Leighton. She agreed. Carly was playing along calling me Leslie and answering to Tiffany, but she was very distracted by the tv. Right before bed, Leighton finally decided that she prefered to be Leighton. I kind of miss Selena, but I am sure she will visit soon.

3 comments:

Megan Young said...

What a kid.
I am glad spring break was a blissful time. we enjoyed a quiet wonderful time too. That Kannon boy has some killer eyelashes. And tell that baby of yours that she is not allowed to grow up. She is looking so grown-up with all that new hair. It is adorable, but we want her to be a baby forever. Give the girls a kiss.
p.s. your nails look awesome.

Vanessa said...

Did she break in to some Selena songs? That would have been awesome.

coree said...

You are so in trouble with that kid. (yes I finally made it on line)