Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to ALL of the mothers out there. Here's to Dad cooking, cleaning and watching kids even if it is just for ONE day.

Dear Mom,

First off, I would like to apologize for all the things I did that broke your heart. I now know how easy it is for a child to that do to a mother. All a mother wants for her child is the best. I know that is all you ever wanted for me. I would also like to thank you for loving me, even when I didn't act like I loved you. Just knowing how much you loved me made me a better person. If you loved me, there had to be something good in me. Thank you for always believing in me. In your eyes, I could do anything. I never understood how you could see so much in me, but as a mother, I get it. My children are the smartest, the cutest, the BEST.

I am amazed at your abilities. I can barely get three kids ready for the day. You had a full time job, four children, tons of extra curricular activities, played on your own sports team, held a calling at church, helped us with our homework, did laundry (we had a lot), and still sat us down at the table for dinner. How did you do it??? Women like you are a dying breed.

You are still the one I want when I am sad, sick or just not having a good day. You are also the one I call with good news and funny stories. I wish you lived closer, so we could spend more time together. But, I guess, it makes the time we spend together more precious.

Thank you for being the best mother I could ever ask for. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, I only wish I could be there to tell you all this in person.

I love you,
Leslie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Leslie! I am now crying....