Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears..Oh My!

Yesterday was the annual 2nd grade trip to the zoo. We rode chartered buses to the zoo and the trip took about 2 hours. We got there and met up with the rest of the crowd.
Adults, L to R: Jessica, Amanda, Michelle


We saw a cougar, a polar bear, lions, bison, zebras, giraffes, gorillas, monkeys, black bears, grizzly bears, elephants, crocodiles, birds, fish, frogs, toads, lizards, etc. etc. etc. We also saw lots and lots of snack shacks. I guess they have to make money too. We all got suckered into a squeezebottle full of Icee. Here are all the kids with their mandatory Icees. L to R: Miranda, Makenna, Ryan, Brooke, Carly and Taylor. (Poor Ryan the only boy, then again maybe he is lucky, it depends on how you look at it.)
Here is my little hatchling.

Carly was the most excited when we came upon this exhibit. (Go Figure-yes, it is a construction site for the new giraffee feeding deck.)

Carly also said that these Dung Beetles were her favorite.

The crew, again.

It did start to rain while we were in the rainforest. Amanda told the kids that it was only raining because we were in the rainforest. They believed her and were convinced when it stopped raining exactly as we walked out of the rainforest.
It is over 5 miles of walking and we had about 4 hours to do it all. About halfway, Carly started this...
Then about three fourths of the way out she refused to walk anymore. I carried my 57 pound, 8 year old on my back through the rest of the zoo. We had a wonderful time and are planning to come back when we are not so rushed.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Could you have possibly found a better picture of me? Look at the face I'm making....did something stink?

Vanessa said...

I'll take you w/me to the zoo. So you can carry me on your back.

helicke said...

Aren't you glad your kids personalities will never let this blog get boring?!

The Amayesings said...

LOVE that last pic. It reminds me of Jake's 2nd grade zoo trip! Glad you had fun.