Sunday, May 31, 2009

We Need an Ocean of Calamine Lotion

Carly has been sick this week and on Wednesday I took her to the pediatrician. She has strep. As we were leaving, Dr. Carr said, "See you in four to five days!" To which I replied, "For WHAT??" "Leighton" she countered.

Well........
Leighton got into some poison ivy with her daddy. She is pretty covered with it. On Friday I decided, I had done all I could and it was time for the doctor. As she was getting ready to go, she mentioned that her throat hurt. At the doctor, I let Dr. Lehan know that Carly had strep throat and Leighton had mentioned her throat hurt. You guessed it! Leighton has strep. (We saw Dr. Carr on the way out and I thanked her for jinxing us) Strep=no steroids. The poison ivy has spread to her face, the back of her ears, her ankles, a couple of spots on her legs, in between her fingers, her neck, and up her entire forearms. She is very itchy and very fragile. But, she does enjoy the Calamine lotion, it's pink!
But the rest of us didn't let her spoil our fun!
Don't worry, Leighton couldn't resist all the fun and joined us immediately after this picture.

I expect lots of comments about how good I look, since I had the courage to put a picture of myself, IN A BATHING SUIT, on the Internet.
Just kidding, I wouldn't want you to have to lie.

5 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I admire your courage on the bathing suit thing- why do we struggle with things like that? You inspire me. And that poison ivy looks brutal. I itch now.

Vanessa said...

I wondered if you really existed since i never see you on the blog. You are hawt!

Bummer about the poison ivy! Hope she feels better soon!

C & C said...

Oh poor kids and mom. It must be miserable for all of you! Hopefully it doesn't last too long. I love seeing pictures of the parents on the websites. It's fun to see you all! And your kids are really adorable. I looked at a bunch of your other posts. I love the lantana. I have never seen one before. Beautiful. You must be into gardening like your mom!

Megan Young said...

You do look great as always. I hope everyone is feeling better. Are you excited for your trip? What's the count down?

Amanda said...

Just fyi: the chlorine in the pool works wonders for drying up poison ivy....