Monday, December 21, 2009

Spelling

Leighton was awarded the Mid-Year Spelling Award for her class. Dee and I had bets on whether she would actually go up and accept the award or just put her head down and cry when they called her name. Well, she did it! I won't tell you who lost the bet.
She was presented a certificate and a charm from her principal and asst. principal.

These are all of the award winners for kindergarten through second grade.

A close up of her award.

How she really feels about it.

This award is a shock to me. Not because she can't spell, she can. It is just that my family is not known for their spelling. My dad, brothers, uncles, cousins can't spell. There were plenty of times my mom had NO IDEA what my dad had written on the grocery list (and sometimes when he didn't know either.) Dee is not the best speller either. But, my girl can spell. I guess she got some good genes along with the rotten ones.

No comments: