Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Up!

The tree is up.




Decorated. (The tree is Dee's domain.)




And lit.
(the star broke and we have yet to run to the store to get another one)



The kids are so happy!




I even put lights up outside this year. When I was a kid my parents always had all white lights, real wreaths and tree, all ornaments were white porcelain with red ribbons, etc. That is what Christmas should look like, so I put up garland and white lights. I was very excited for the kids to see. They said, 'That is nice Mom, but we like the Patterson's better.' The next door neighbors have all red and green lights, they even changed out their porch lights, one red, one green. Oh well! I like it!

And Vanessa, I think it is all about me!

3 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I'm with you on the white lights, but my kids are with your kids on brightly colored. I'm trying to "relax" but secretly am working to improve my brainwashing techniques.

Bluzet said...

After twenty-five years of white lights and white ornaments, I like to see the color.Also how many beers did Dee have when he put up the tree? it leans like crazy, or it just me. Kyle

Vanessa said...

You are so right!

Looks great!