Friday, June 19, 2009

Chili Tacos

Growing up, we always had chili tacos. Dee, and all of his friends, think that is the most bizarre thing ever. One of his friends, Michael, never misses a chance to ask "What are you having for dinner? Chili tacos?" ending with hysterical laughter. Of course, we NEVER have chili tacos at our house. So I really enjoy these visits to my parents' house. I get all the chili tacos I can eat.

For those of you who would like to try this wonderful dish:
You must use Nalley's Chili.


Open can, heat on stove.


Spread small amount of chili on flour tortilla. Add additional taco toppings, i.e. cheese, tomatoes, salsa, lettuce, olives, sour cream.


Roll, burrito like...

And ENJOY!


Yes, I gave my baby chili.

The consensus:

I tried to give Jensyn just a bite, but she screamed and pulled until it was all hers.

LONG LIVE CHILI TACOS!!!
I am just curious. Am I the only putz who lets my spouse influence my eating? Is there something that you had as a kid, that you NEVER get now that you have your own household??

5 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I think chili tacos sound delicious and easy.

There's nothing that Bruce has banned me from eating, but I've drawn the line at the following dish: Tuna on Toast. You make a white sauce with butter, flour, milk, dump in a can of tuna, serve on toast. Did I mention this is a BREAKFAST ITEM?

I just threw up a little in my mouth. I'll go eat a chili taco to clear my palate.

kcizatt said...

We eat these too, but I don't remember where I learned it. It certainly was'nt from your Grandma.

Amanda said...

Can you buy Nalley's Chili here? If not, bring me a can home...I would love to try the chili tacos. Can the girls get any cuter....really??!

ShazBraz said...

sounds good to me! And how cute is Jensyn eating that burrito as big as her head?? A.Dor.Able!

I know there are things I don't make because Jacob doesn't like, but I can't think what they are. I just know it sounds like a familiar conversation...

Vanessa said...

Onions. Elton hates them. I never really cared, I would eat them, but I found myself ordering stuff w/out onions and then I was like, "wait a minute! I can eat them even if he won't!"