Monday, June 22, 2009

Dinosaur Park

Today, my mom and I took the girls to the Dinosaur Park. There were lots of dinosaurs and trails. The best part for the girls was the park. You could go up a slide that looked like a dinosaur and down it's back. There was also a large tree that had some slides coming out of different sides. Leighton and I had gone off to look at a fight between a couple of dinos. We were walking back toward the playground and I watched the following: Carly went up the tree and down the first slide which came out on the other side. Neither she nor Grandma knew this little, but very important, fact. Grandma became very worried and Carly was searching everywhere for Grandma. They both circled the tree, but, you guessed it, in opposite directions. The look of sheer terror became very apparent on both of their faces. Carly then proceeded to walk up to a bench full of mommies with babies and said "Can you help me find my mom?" At this point, I was nearly touching her and Grandma had finally made it all the way around the tree, back to where Carly had stopped. Needless to say, I was very proud of Carly for doing exactly as we had practiced and very apologetic to my mom for nearly giving her a stroke by sitting back and watching it all play out. This is how much Jensyn loved the park, she spent it laying her head on top of mine.

The girls have been fascinated by the mountains. As we come back from the grocery store, they will comment, 'Wow, Mom, look at the mountains!' 'There is snow on the mountains!' 'Can we go up into the mountains?' Since the Dinosaur Park is at the mouth of Ogden Canyon, it was the perfect opportunity to take the girls up to the mountains. As we are going up the mountain, they are nearly screaming, 'We are in the mountains!' 'Look at the rocks!' which then turns into, 'Stop the car!!! I want to get out and touch the mountain!!' 'Stop the car!!! I want to climb the mountain!!' We did not stop, and continued around Trapper's Loop. It was a beautiful drive. I am learning to see the beauty through my children. I have looked at these mountains my whole life and never thought anything of them. But they ARE beautiful and amazing. Those of you here in Utah really do have a breathtaking view of one of God's creations. Take a moment today to appreciate it.

P.S. Happy Anniversary, Dee! Let's make the number 13 a lucky one! I love you!

No comments: