Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Curds in Cache

Today, I took the girls to visit Grandma Great in Brigham. She was very happy with the vanilla yogurt with caramel that we brought her. It was kind of melty and I didn't think of a towel across her lap to protect her cute outfit until it was too late. Sorry, Grandma! This picture isn't the best, but everybody was very wiggly.

We then headed up Sardine Canyon to Logan. This picture is for all my friends in NC. Isn't this beautiful? Who is coming with my on my next trip? Kelly? Are you up for it? We went to visit some of my college roommates. Sharon was kind enough to host at her house. Tia came all the way from Twin Falls. Thanks, ladies. The kids all played so well together and the time just flew by. We asked Sharon's oldest son, James to take a picture of us and then gave him strict instructions concerning said picture, i.e. nothing below chest level, make sure all of our eyes are open, make sure we are all smiling. For an almost 13 year old, I think he did an awesome job! My only question: How come no one ages but me? Don't believe me? When I get home I will post this picture along with some from that year, you will see!!


We stopped in Logan at Gossner's and got bags of fresh, today, curds. They are soo squeaky! (Amanda-I know you are jealous, but aren't you nearly on your way to NY? You can wait it out)

I was then able to meet with the roommate who I lived with the longest, Darcy. She was on her way to ride with her cycling group (yes, I hate her, just like I hated her when we lived together-she would come home from work and say, 'I am going on a five mile jog, want to come along?' My answer, "NO!") I forgot to get a picture, but I could just post one from when we lived together, she hasn't aged either.


I then drove out to Clarkston to visit my dear friend, Danea. I got to see her entire family, it was so nice and my kids thoroughly enjoyed her sister, Shandie's, menagerie of animals. I forgot to take a picture, but Danea did, so hopefully she will send me a copy.


It was a wonderful day of catching up with old friends. I came back that night feeling like I was 21 again.

2 comments:

The Amayesings said...

#1, WHATEVER on the aging. You look JUST LIKE you did however many years ago.
#2, It was AWESOME to see you again too. I loved the drive in--there's no place like Cache Valley, so I'm glad you shared that pic.
#3, I'm glad you got to catch up w/so many people. Were you exhausted that night?
#4, Your girls are DARLING little cutie pies. So glad I could meet them in person.

ShazBraz said...

Leslie, I said the same thing about you two later that night; you both look exactly the same! I loved having you here. Isn't it great to just sit and chat the day away as if no time has passed at all?