Saturday, July 25, 2009

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!-updated

My family claims to read this blog, but they never comment. I am posting my brother's secret, I think, recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Maybe this will force him to comment, even if it is just to threaten my life.

Kyle's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 - 1/3 c. shortening
1 - 1/3 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla
6 - 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 c. chopped nuts-optional

Mix shortening, butter, sugar and brown sugar just until blended.
Add eggs and vanilla, blend until almost smooth.
Add flour, soda and salt. Mix well.
Blend in chocolate chips and nuts- if used.
Drop by spoonful on ungreased baking sheet.
This is where I love my medium dough scoop, thanks, Kelly.

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.

Top of cookies will look somewhat raw.)


Makes 8 dozen cookies.

No comments: