Wednesday, July 29, 2009

She's OLD, I'm OLDER!


HaPpY BiRtHdAy BuG!

It is hard to believe that I have a nine year old.

Carly was such a special surprise. We didn't plan for her or how having Carly would change our lives. We wouldn't trade her for the world. She has come so far from that tiny, not even 3 month old baby who had to have open heart surgery.


She amazes the teachers and doctors and even, sometimes, us! She is her own person and will do whatever she puts her mind to. We love her more each day and can't imagine our lives without this wonderful young lady.

4 comments:

darcy said...

Tell Carly Happy Birthday for me. And you're right, you're not old enough to have a 9 year old. We're all still pretty young.

Amanda said...

Leslie, She is so beautiful!

Leslie said...

Thanks, Amanda. I know as a parent I am biased, but I think so too.

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday! And yes, you are old.